By James J. Yue MD, Rudolph Bertagnoli MD, Paul C. McAfee MD, Howard S. An MD
New motion-preserving units are revolutionizing backbone surgery.but the training curve for those operations is steep, and nice recognition needs to be given to sufferer and equipment choice and the correct execution of every strategy. just one reference spells out precisely find out how to practice those new techniques.and its peerless writer workforce, constituted of key investigators fascinated by the units' real medical trials, is uniquely certified that will help you get the easiest effects! those worldwide leaders during this quarter speak about the benefits and downsides of the total variety of non-fusion technologies.and current the step by step, richly illustrated operative advice you want to in attaining optimum results! three hours of surgical video on DVD show find out how to practice key systems, and entry to the entire contents of the ebook on-line allows you to reference it with ease from any computer.
- Select the simplest equipment and strategy for every patient!
* cervical overall disc arthroplasty
* lumbar overall disc arthroplasty
* lumbar partial disc alternative: nucleus replacement
* lumbar posterior dynamic stabilization: pedicle screw based
* lumbar posterior dynamic stabilization: interspinous based
* lumbar side replacement
- Produce optimum results with exact recommendation on.
* benefits and drawbacks of every option
* symptoms and contraindications
* sufferer selection
* interpretation of imaging studies
* surgical anatomy and biomechanics
* surgical techniques
* suggestions and pearls
- See how one can practice every one process, because of.
* step by step, full-color illustrations
* greater than three hours of surgical video clips on DVD, narrated via the experts!
- entry to the entire contents of the publication on-line helps you to practice speedy searches, persist with hyperlinks to Medline and PubMed abstracts, and more.
Read Online or Download Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine: Advanced Techniques and Controversies: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 1e PDF
Similar surgery books
Der renommierte Facharzt für plastische und ästhetische Chirurgie stellt das Gebiet der Abdominoplastik umfassend dar: Angefangen von der historischen Entwicklung bis hin zu den neuesten Verfahren. Eigens angefertigte farbige Zeichnungen vermitteln Konzeption und Planung der verschiedenen Verfahren zur Abdominoplastik und stellen das operative Vorgehen Schritt für Schritt dar.
This quantity covers present elements of the indicators for using lasers in pediatric surgical procedure. It focusses on prognosis, treatment and result of laser remedy of all correct pathological stipulations.
This quantity deals authoritative, evidence-based directions at the complete diversity of dilemmas within the scientific administration of kidney transplant recipients prior to, in the course of, and after transplantation. assurance starts with choice of sufferers who're applicants for transplantation, care of the sufferer at the ready record, and evaluate of donors.
This complete reference covers all facets of using lasers in facial cosmetic surgery, from simple technological know-how to surgical options. Introductory chapters offer whole insurance of alternative laser platforms, laser defense, and laser physics. nearly all of the publication is dedicated to offering using lasers in pores and skin resurfacing, remedy of vascular lesions, hair removing, remedy of pigmented lesions and tattoos, and aesthetic surgical procedure.
- Chassin's Operative Strategy in Esophageal Surgery
- Organ Transplantation, 2nd Edition - Vademecum
- Royal Society of Medicine Career Handbook: ST3 - Senior Doctor
- Viscoelastics in Ophthalmic Surgery
- Pediatric Sinusitis and Sinus Surgery
Extra resources for Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine: Advanced Techniques and Controversies: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 1e
3–5 and 3–6). Functional Two-Component Prostheses n F I G U R E 3–3. Kineflex. surfaces. A central pin within the plates and corresponding holes in the sliding core prevent luxation of the insert. The kinetic center is dorsally displaced. The first implantation of this prosthesis was performed in 2006 (Fig. 3–4). The Secure-C prosthesis differs from the biarticular ball-andsocket type; it allows a greater extension and flexion compared with lateral bending, because along with a cranial ball-and-socket sliding surface, a second sliding surface caudally is present in the shape of a cylindrical segment.
One clever device by Main et al (Fig. 66 It incorporates an “elastomeric suspension medium” around each of the device's suspension plates n F I G U R E 2–17. Pisharodi’s expandable prosthesis uses springs to cushion axial loads and, more importantly, can be implanted in a collapsed state. n F I G U R E 2–19. Main’s device replaced the vertebral bodies as well as the disc. It has a mobile element in the center of its length that may allow for some degree of normal biomechanics at that level. 18 P A R T I Introduction to Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine that was to be inserted into the disc space in deflated form and then filled with fluid once positioned in place.
55. Nibu K, Panjabi MM, Oxland T, Cholewicki J: Multidirectional stabilizing potential of BAK interbody spinal fusion system for anterior surgery. J Spinal Disord 10:357–362, 1997. 56. Bryan V, Kunzler A, inventor: Human spinal disc prosthesis. US patent 5,865,846, February 2, 1999. 57. Bryan et al, World Patent 0013620, 2000. 58. Cauthen JC, inventor: Articulating spinal implant. US patent 6,019,792, February 1, 2000. 59. Mehdizadeh HM, inventor: Disc replacement prosthesis. US patent 6,231,609, May 15, 2001.
Motion Preservation Surgery of the Spine: Advanced Techniques and Controversies: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 1e by James J. Yue MD, Rudolph Bertagnoli MD, Paul C. McAfee MD, Howard S. An MD